Events and Administration Co-ordinator – Strathmore Community Rugby Trust
Founded in June 2017 and based in Forfar, Angus, the purpose of Strathmore Community Rugby Trust is the advancement of participation in rugby union and rugby league. We achieve this through our community rugby projects which include a Rugby Academy for secondary school pupils, Walking Rugby for the less able, an inclusive rugby team for adults with learning disabilities and Autism-Friendly Rugby for primary age children with Autism. Each project is designed to meet our vision of ‘Developing People Through Rugby’.
To support the growth of the Trust we are now recruiting an Events and Administration Co-ordinator to work 21 hrs per week (including some evenings and weekends). This is a broad, collaborative and rewarding new role. You will join a small and highly professional team, supporting an organisation with community at its heart which believes rugby has the power to improve people’s lives.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Community Trust Manager, take day-to-day responsibility for planning, organising, delivery and promotion of SCRT fundraising activities, including establishing new activities.
- Assisting with monitoring and evaluating the success of each activity in relation to quality, purpose and success in line with the SCRT’s objectives.
- Helping to create, organise and deliver SCRT’s communications content, including content for website and social media, ensuring updates are timely, accurate and appropriate.
- Helping to maintain SCRT’s databases
- Working with the team to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and supporting the regular review of existing policies, procedures and working practice.
- Helping to ensure all elements of activation for sponsors are achieved.
- Ensuring the smooth administration of the Trust including recruitment processes, payroll and assisting with the generation and maintenance of financial records.
- Being responsible for organising and minuting the Board of Trustee meetings.
- Working effectively in a small and highly professional team.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as may be required.
The Trust is based from Strathmore Rugby Club, Forfar. The role will involve a mixture of home and office working, with potential for travel throughout the local area. The successful applicant will have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, excellent communication skills and be self-motivated with the ability to work using their own initiative. Experience of organising events for charities or community groups, business administration and safeguarding and GDPR would be beneficial.
Applications in the form of a CV and covering letter should be submitted to Maggie Lawrie, Community Trust Manager via email@example.com and should outline your relevant skills and experience for the post.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15th September 2021 at 5pm. Interviews will take place on Thursday, 30th September 2021, and will include a presentation, followed by questions. Full details will be provided closer to the interview date.
Salary: £12,601 per annum (FTE £22,500). The full job description is available to download below. If you have any questions about the role, please contact: Maggie Lawrie on firstname.lastname@example.org.