Launched in 2022, our Sporting Memories project is delivered in partnership with Strathmore Cricket Club. Sporting Memories is open to the whole community but targets adults aged 50 plus, and those living with dementia, depression and/or loneliness. It aims to reduce isolation, improve participants mental wellbeing and improve participants physical wellbeing. The activities delivered stimulate and encourage participants to relive their memories about sports. As well as discussion, participants are given the opportunity to take part in activity suited to their abilities. By sharing memories of sporting moments and tapping into participants passion for sport, the project helps people to connect with others and with their past, reawakening positive thoughts and feelings that otherwise may remain hidden away.
We run a weekly session at Strathmore Cricket Club in Forfar as well as monthly sessions at other locations throughout Forfar and Kirriemuir. Each session location is accessible and includes a cuppy and biscuit!
- Every Monday at Strathmore Cricket Club, 10.30am-12pm (on the circular bus route)
Monthly sessions – Forfar
- First Thursday of every month with Lochside Connections at Strathmore Cricket Club, 10am-12pm
- Second Thursday of every month at The Deirdre Knight Centre, 10am-12pm
- Last Wednesday of every month with Lochside Connections at Strathmore Cricket Club, 10am-12pm
Monthly sessions – Kirriemuir
- First Thursday of every month at Kirriemuir Library, 2-4pm
- Third Thursday of every month at Kirrie Connections, 1-3pm
We also have our Friday Fling – our fun and free dancing sessions take place at Strathmore Cricket Club, no need to book just come along! See below for our upcoming sessions:
- Third Friday of every month at Strathmore Cricket Club, 2pm-4pm